By J. M. Bonga, Don J. Durzan (auth.), J. M. Bonga, Don J. Durzan (eds.)
"... the 3 volumes offer a entire survey of the nation of study, theoretical and sensible difficulties, and of capability and real functions of mobile and tissue cultures in wooded area and a few different woody vegetation. it is going to definitely be of serious curiosity to analyze staff inside of quite a few theoretical and utilized fields of experimental botany and will help in attaining advertisement exploitation of in vitro technologies." (Biologia Plantarum, 1988)
"Overall, the 3 volumes shape a really entire advisor to the appliance of tissue tradition to forestry development programmes. ... strongly urged for inclusion within the library of each tissue tradition laboratory." (Journal of Experimental Botany, 39:203, 1988)
Read or Download Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry: Case Histories: Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and Palms PDF
Similar trees books
The way forward for the world's forests is on the leading edge of environmental debate. emerging issues over the consequences of deforestation and weather switch are highlighting the necessity either to preserve and deal with latest forests and wooded area via sustainable forestry practices. The Forests guide, written by means of a world group of either scientists and practitioners, provides an built-in method of forests and forestry, making use of our current realizing of woodland technological know-how to administration practices, as a foundation for attaining sustainability.
This quantity compiles the result of long term observations of web site homes and surroundings approaches for 3 beech forests. Representing a spectrum of universal beech woodland websites in primary Europe, they obtain related atmospheric inputs and are transforming into below comparable weather conditions, yet vary of their soil acidity.
Scientists let us know that weather swap is upon us and the actual international is altering quick with vital implications for biodiversity and human overall healthiness. Forests hide significant areas of the globe and function a primary defensive position opposed to the worst results of weather swap, yet provided that we maintain them fit and resilient.
- Invasive Forest Insects, Introduced Forest Trees, and Altered Ecosystems: Ecological Pest Management in Global Forests of a Changing World
- Boreal and Temperate Trees in a Changing Climate: Modelling the Ecophysiology of Seasonality
- Clonal Forestry I: Genetics and Biotechnology
- Palms of Southern Asia
- Mangrove Dynamics and Management in North Brazil
Extra info for Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry: Case Histories: Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and Palms
27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. CHALUPA V 1977 Development of isolated Norway spruce and Douglas fir buds in vitro. Commun Inst For Cech 10:71-78 CHALUf>A-v-I977 Organogenesis in Norway spruce and Douglas fir tissue cultures. Commun Inst For Cech 10:79-87 CHAMBERLAIN CJ 1935 Gymnosperms. Structure and Evolution, Univ of Chicago Press, Chicago CHRISTERSSON L 1978 The influence of photoperiod and temperature on the development of frost hardiness in seedlings of Pinus sylvestris and - - ----Picea abies.
Embryo culture. Stage of embryo Pinus at excision Basa I medium pinaster Tollen sllvestris peptone, e. 5-3 cm (61 ) cell division (63) 50 mgll ~Inosltol 100 mg/l vitam!
Silvae Genet 27:173-178 OLESEN PO 1982 The effect of cyclophysis on tracheid width and basic density in Norway spruce. For Tree Improv 15:1-80 _ PAPE~ D, V GARAJ-VRHOVAC, S JELASKA, B KOLEVSKA-PLETIKAPIC 1983 Chromosome behaviour in cultured cell populations of higher plants. In PE Brandham, MD Bennet, eds Kew Chromosome Conf II: Proc 2nd Chromosome Conf, Royal Bot Gardens, Kew, England. Allen and Unwin, London, pp 155163 . PATEL KR, GP BERLYN 1981 Genetic instability of multiple buds of Pinus coulteri regenerated from tissue culture.
Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry: Case Histories: Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and Palms by J. M. Bonga, Don J. Durzan (auth.), J. M. Bonga, Don J. Durzan (eds.)