By ACI Committee 355
This consultant offers labored examples utilizing the layout provisions in ACI 318 Appendix D. no longer all stipulations are lined in those examples. The necessities of direct pressure, direct shear, mixed pressure and shear, and the typical state of affairs of eccentric shear, as in a bracket or corbel, are offered.
Read or Download ACI 355.3R-11 - Guide for Design of Anchorage to Concrete: Examples Using ACI 318 Appendix D PDF
Similar design books
'Urban layout: decoration and Decoration' specializes in adorning town and the way decoration has been used to deliver pride to the city scene.
The authors convey how the development and distribution of road and sq. and different significant parts within the urban could be improved by way of the really apt use of ornamental floor therapy and by way of the cautious putting of challenging and tender panorama good points.
This moment variation, up-to-date via Cliff Moughtin and now on hand in paperback, contains a new bankruptcy on dust structure. Case reports of urban ornament also are defined to compile the information mentioned and to teach how decoration and ornament can be utilized to stress the 5 parts of urban shape: the trail, the node, the sting, the landmark and the district.
*Generously illustrated with case studies
*New bankruptcy on dust architecture
*Part of the winning Cliff Moughtin city layout sequence
Protein layout: tools and purposes offers the main up to date protein layout and engineering concepts in order that readers can adopt their very own initiatives with a greatest probability of luck. The authors current built-in computational ways that require numerous levels of computational complexity, and the foremost accomplishments which have been accomplished within the layout and structural characterization of helical peptides and proteins.
Renowned television superstar Candice Olson stocks her favourite layout challenges
Candice Olson favourite layout demanding situations specializes in the difficult occasions that Candice expertly handles for her clients—the comparable demanding situations that many householders face. From operating round architectural obstacles like sloped ceilings or an absence of wall house, merging types to make sure that a room's decor pleases all of a home's occupants, to accommodating the adjustments that turn up whilst a kin grows or shrinks, this ebook highlights these inventive recommendations that make Candice's designs either appealing and functional.
Featuring 25-30 of Candice's attractive room makeovers—described in her approachable and authoritative voice—Candice Olson favourite layout demanding situations offers wonderful sketches and layout forums that convey you ways every one layout took form, whereas greater than 2 hundred full-color before-and-after pictures supply a wealth of visible inspiration.
• comprises Candice's information and perception into what makes each one area work
• Candice stocks how she overcame the important problem in every one case
• presents necessary tips on making plans your individual room redos
Redecorating—or even simply dreaming approximately decorating—can remodel one's outlook on existence, and Candice Olson favourite layout demanding situations is simply what you want to dream, plan, and execute up a redo on your own residence.
This wide-ranging cultural heritage explores the expression of Bolshevik celebration ideology during the lens of panorama, or, extra extensively, area. Portrayed in visible photographs and phrases, the panorama performed a necessary function in expressing and selling ideology within the former Soviet Union in the course of the Stalin years, specially within the Nineteen Thirties.
- Digital Enterprise Design & Management: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Digital Enterprise Design and Management DED&M 2014
- Machine Design
- The Microphone Book, Second Edition: From mono to stereo to surround - a guide to microphone design and application
- Digital Outcasts: Moving Technology Forward without Leaving People Behind
- Innovation By Design: Lessons from Post Box Design & Development
- Universal Design Handbook, 2nd Edition
Extra resources for ACI 355.3R-11 - Guide for Design of Anchorage to Concrete: Examples Using ACI 318 Appendix D
2. 5hef for many expansion anchors and some undercut anchors because installation of these types of anchors introduces splitting tensile stresses in the concrete that are increased during load application, potentially resulting in a premature splitting failure. To permit the design of these types of anchors when product-specific information is not available, conservative default values for cac are provided. Undercut anchors........................................... 5hef Torque-controlled anchors ................................
5hef . 5 = 6-3/4 in. < 8 in. 3R-11) 8. 7 summarizes the various design strengths with concrete pullout controlling. 7—Summary of design strengths Failure mode Anchor design strength Calculated design strength, lb Controlling failure mode φNsa 12,712 — Concrete breakout φNcb 6671 — Concrete pullout φNpn 5337 ← Controls Steel 9. Final recommendation: Use a post-installed torque-controlled expansion anchor with a 5/8 in. diameter and an embedment depth of 4-1/2 in. meeting the requirements of ASTM F1554 Grade 55.
1 Type B welded headed studs. Assume tension steel failure controls. The basic requirement for the anchor steel is: φNsa ≥ Nua Eq. 1]). Nsa = nAse futa Eq. (D-3) For design purposes, Eq. (D-1) with Eq. 9fya or 125,000 psi. 9(51,000 psi) = 96,900 psi; therefore, use the specified minimum futa of 65,000 psi. 2(b), 1/2 in. 2). , and 1 in. diameters. 1. The total design steel strength of four 1/2 in. 2 52 3. 2 Two different equations are given for calculating concrete breakout strength; for single anchors, Eq.
ACI 355.3R-11 - Guide for Design of Anchorage to Concrete: Examples Using ACI 318 Appendix D by ACI Committee 355